Friday, July 25, 2008

She deserves it...

J.K. Rowling is top-earning celebrity - I came across this article and believe me there is no doubt that she must be a top-earning celebrity now. Initially when the Harry Potter series was released I wondered what all this hype was about. I just couldn't understood how a book could be celebrated so much the young and old alike.

It was only after a year after its release that I had a chance to read the first book - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. And believe me I was so impressed. I kept on wondering how a person could be so creative as well as put it exactly as it was onto paper. It seemed to me as something incredible. Each line of the book made me wonder at her creativitly and capability. I just couldn't believe that it was her first book. Though the book was aimed at the children, I bet it was a great pick among adults also.

Though I read only the first two books of the series, I would love to read the rest. But there's one problem. Its a long time since I read the books and by now have forgotten the characters. I ll surely need a refresher course on it.. ;-) But hats off to the writer for venturing into the new arena bravely!!!

No comments: