Friday, October 22, 2010

Saagar

Have you watched this movie? It is a movie of the 80s. I saw it probably when I was very small. But the songs and the Kamal Hassan's character immediately attracted me to the movie. Since then I have been a big fan of the songs of the movie, especially Saagar Jaise Aankhon...

Today, probably after a lot of years, I am watching it again, as it is coming on television. Even after 25 years the movie and songs seem fresh. Except for Dimple Kapadia, who looks a bit old for her role in the movie, I love everything else about Saagar.

And if you haven't watched this movie by any chance, it is a triangular love story, where Rishi Kapoor and Dimple are in love with each other and Kamal in love in Dimple without her knowledge. Rishi and Dimple have nothing in common apart for their love for each other. Both come from different classes of the society and family backgrounds. The second half of the movie deals with these problems.

Whether you like the movie or not, you will definitely love the songs.

No comments: