Tuesday, May 18, 2010

3 Idiots

**I am pretty much surprised as to why this post didn't get published on my blog long back. I had written it long back and kept ready, but forgot to publish it. And today, after months, I am noticing it :-(**

Frankly speaking I didn't have much expectations when I saw the promos of this movie. But I was wrong! It is a good movie worth watching. You get to hear and see some fresh jokes and humor. Though the cast is not that fresh enough it is a new chemistry.

Disappointingly Aamir looks far too old for the character. Kareena rightly fits into the character and did a good job. She looks good in the movie and costumes are well-designed to suit the normal college going girl. Sharman Joshi also did a commendable job. Madhavan, it seems was just normal. Boman Irani's look is also refreshing and so are his mannerisms in the movie.

If you have read The Five Point Someone, you will be able to anticipate some of the scenes. The Principal, the red two wheeler, affair with the Principal's daughter, and so on. Though it is not a complete adaptation one can say that the sub plots are based on the novel. The major difference in the story between the novel and the film is the main plot.

The songs are quite good. I loved the choreography of the "Aal iz well" song. The film does show the colours of college life and freedom well in it. So after all, a movie really worth watching.

No comments: