Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Alchemist


This is one of my all time favourites. I picked up this book from a friend as I had heard a lot about it. Wasn't particularly interested in reading it. But once I started, I wasn't able to fold it back.

It is a simple story of a boy, Santiago, going in pursuit of his dream. The people he meet on the way, the incidents, everything is so well-said. More than a story, its more of a fable. I felt as though I was indeed watching things happen. From the moment the boy sets out on his journey in the desert, I felt myself one among the character. When Santiago was hurt, I felt the pain and bruises on me. May be some kind of magic does exist in the book. I never enjoyed a book so much.

Once I finished the reading I was really happy. I didn't know what the reason. But some feel good factor exists in the book. Would love to read it again and again.

No comments: